This is still a sleeve.
An almost finished sleeve, however. After reaching about six inches I managed to get stuck on the sleeve. Not because of fit or design – but simply because I began the sleeve using dpns. After I finished the colorwork and began the increases I quickly came to have so many stitches on the dpns that things were perilous. A quick flip between needles and I could have easily dropped a stitch or ten. So I cautiously put the caps on the dpns and put the sleeve back in its project bag until such a time as I could shuffle through my circular needles.
This all occurred at Knitting in the Heartland in Kansas in April.The next few weeks were quick turnarounds from one event to another. My sleeve was stashed away. Steady progress was made on a DVD Sock. A silk lace Laminaria Shawl was finished. A Monarch Shawl was finished. All the while the sleeve remained in the project bag, virtually ignored.
Until – this past week late at night after working on the new Lafitte Shawl for hours I needed a wee break. I spotted the wonderful project bag my dear friend Jessica had given me. I unzipped it and pulled out the sleeve. I double checked the size needles I needed because not only had I forgotten about the sleeve itself, I’d forgotten what size needles I’d been using. Then I went in search of circulars in my needle stash and managed to find two size 3US needles of a nice length.
I’m now making steady progress on the sleeve and expect to have a second sleeve cast on before long. And if all goes well the sleeves will be joined by…no no we’re not going to talk about that. Sleeves, only sleeves. I’m not tempting the knitting mojo with talk of what comes after the sleeves.
The Lafitte Shawl is also moving along nicely. A few more repeats of the sweet little Yellow Top flowers and then I’ll move on to the next chart.
Two active projects. Not five, or six, or fourteen.
This is how I make steady progress.